Monday, July 28, 2008

Parricide: A memoir

(Reflections on I, Pierre Rivière having slaughtered my mother, my sister, and my brother...)

A body
Its flesh spread
In foetal curled
Small incisions
I begin to make

Slivers of skin
Coloured red
With salt water
Slide across the floor

The mass that
Tries to scream
Throw throw throw
Baby and bathwater

The knife plunges
Again
It is no sword
I use it to cut bread

Bread you demand
I bake, I serve
The calendar
Today purpled

You thought it
My birthday
My gift -
My freedom
Your life.

2 comments:

Akshya said...

the moment I saw your comments on mine, I was like 'oh, grt, her internet's back, so she must've put up the poem'and here I am... ella ella ella... :)

I really like this poem, knowing where it comes from, knowing also where it's taking you. You are really doing very well with your poetry here. I wish you luck.

much love

vebhuti said...

thanks love. thankee very much. :-)