Wednesday, July 23, 2008

this is where
i feel inadequate
here just here

self indulgent
a violin bow
wrapped
in velvet
a china doll
layered
in plastic
editorial sanctions comma no black ink
clean copies
washed by the machine
artists oil colours
not less but more

i did not
dance sing shout drink mingle join
i do not
remember
the mouth
that touched
the hands
my aching breasts
lines of love
i do not know
where i draw
your shape
mine
quotations
that never cease
utterances they
become
i think
the dankness
of the room
does not
stop

the open door paralyses

2 comments:

Akshya said...

hey
Even tho this, I think, is the kind of writing that accrues meanings with each read. But I love the images. This is second time I am reading it. And, it's yet to stop fascinating me. Nice poem, V. I'll keep coming back to it. And, reading my shifting life in each of its lines.

ps: (you better come to JNU!)

lots of love

vebhuti said...

Thank you. Please do add what else you think on subsequent readings. :)